July 29, 2015

Two years later...

So I haven't blogged in a long time, you may have noticed. I left Japan in 2013 and moved home to Canada. It was rather sudden, but I don't regret it.

I'm now finishing a degree to become a law clerk, and I'll be starting at an immigration law firm at the end of August. Lots going on, but I haven't forgotten my time in Japan.

I've decided to overhaul the blog and change it into a 'memories of Japan' blog. I still have hundreds of photos and stories to tell about my time overseas. It felt like a waste just leaving the blog as is.

I'll also share more about how I studied Japanese, and also about playing the shamisen. I got asked a lot of questions about both, and I never posted my photos and experiences from my shamisen concerts. I have kimono pics and everything to put up.

I'm also going to start a blog for my Korean studies. I'll document my attempts to learn the language, and some thoughts on Korean culture. It kills me that I didn't get interested in Korea until AFTER I moved home to Canada. What an opportunity I wasted while living in the country next door!

Long post just to say thank you for checking my blog. Thank you for continuing to read it even after I disappeared. Please look forward to more posts in the future.

Next post: My last trip to Kyoto: Tofukuji, Fushimi Inari, and Shimokamo Jinja.

No comments:

Post a Comment